Monday, October 27, 2008

Play with your food, make your own!

Among the things I've been meaning to do (like get back to posting here!) is to share some of the info I've had laying around in the old inbox. I DO have a lot of good stuff; one of my recent favorites comes from Hungry Girl (thanks for sharing, mom!).

Besides all her great info were links to personalizing food! I got sucked into the make your own cereal site, which one are you salivating over?


Me and Goji- Make your own cereal! Add wheat, dried fruit, nuts and more; the site keeps track of your creation's nutritional values too. I'll never be able to look at Captain Crunch again after seeing all the possibilities!

YouBar- Growing tired of grabbing the same old granola bar when you're on the go? Make your own at YouBar! Same idea as Me and Goji, including keeping up with tracking nutritional values, but now in an easy to grab bar.

Love the create your owns? Hate the hassle and dig something already on the store shelves? Shoot me and email or comment with feedback!