Monday, February 25, 2008

Motivation

After a busy day of classes, I called my workout buddy and left what I believe is a pretty regular message from most women. I wasn't going to make it to the gym on my own, and secretly hoped that although I was calling her to set up a workout time, that she was swamped with work or some how unable to make it.

Motivation is a difficult front to keep up, with or without a workout friend. Some are driven by constant routine, others find it harder to get on track and keep going. Runner's World has a great section on their website about motivation. I think it's great that a health site takes the time to realize we're not all determined to run a marathon every morning. Sometimes it starts with smaller steps.

The Runner's World link has a couple great stories that are sure to keep you moving on. Sometimes the moving words from others is all it takes. The site also has some great links to ways you can keep motivated, be it running, biking or swimming.

I challenge all my readers, no matter what stage you are at physically, to sit down and determine your real motivation. Figure out what inspires you, and what kind of goals you have.