Monday, November 24, 2008

Ask a pro: Reebok Global Instructor Jade Alexis part 2

Remember Jade Alexis? She's the fun, functional and fierce Reebok Global Instructor I interviewed last week. Check out the rest of my interview with her, here!

ASA:
Has the launch of Reebok's female-focused fitness initiative helped to broadcast your message of making workouts fun?

Jade: Reebok's message falls in line with my desires to have a FUN work out. Thus far, working with Reebok and knowing that their initiative is in line with my philosophy encourages and motivates me to be on point and keep it FUN!

ASA: You talked about preventing burn outs through balance, how do you keep your workouts balanced?

Jade: On a regular basis I do the things I really enjoy; ride, swim, box, do weights, and practice yoga. In occasion when I need a change of pace, I may play basketball or try a new/different class or workout w/ a friend. Additionally, I make sure to incorporate all: weight/strength training, cardiovascular and flexibility into my week. Most importantly I balance training with rest and recovery, I have 1-2 days off a week.

ASA:
What role does nutrition have in your life? What's your favorite quick go to meal and what's your guilty food pleasure?

Jade: Nutrition is VERY important, it effects my energy levels, my health, my sleep ... Favorite quick to go meal is Greek Yogurt w/ blueberries and granola ...guilty food pleasure, sweet potato fries and I LOVE crumbles, apple or berry w/ a scope of ice cream!

ASA: What's your favorite at home exercise and at home workout equipment?

Jade: Exercise: Push up Equipment: Jump Rope What products does Reebok make that could help women workout from home or on the go while traveling? - Jump rope - resistance bands - dumb bells - stability balls

ASA: Living in a four season state; how do you keep exercising new and exciting when you're stuck indoors or in the same environment?

Jade: When it gets to cold to be outside, I move it indoors and can do many of the same things indoors that I do outdoors, swim, ride - its not as climatic or as refreshing being indoors though.... I also try new things there are a variety of classes offered at the gym, so its always new and exciting to try a new class or different instructor.