Friday, May 2, 2008

Summer motivation

One of my friends (hi Jen!) recently told me about her plans to join a local women’s gym, get set up with a personal trainer, and work out twice a week along with a very busy summer schedule. She’s decided there’s no better time than now to get back into shape and become more confident in her figure.

I say all the more power to her!

You don’t need a New Year to come around to decide to make some lifestyle changes. You do, however, need good motivation. Wanting to change your life for the better and to become more physically confident is a great reason.

Everyone has their own motivations. Some depend on the success stories of others, a photo they strive to resemble, or an inner battle they’re waiting to overcome. Whatever your reasoning, it’s good enough and don’t forget it.

I’ve posted a few times on motivation (here, here and here), but it bears repeating. Motivation is at the heart of your health and fitness routines. It dictates your success, and if not strong enough, contributes to your early failure.

I told Jen what she had shared with me about her decision to change this summer, should be tapped up somewhere in her house; somewhere visible and accessible when you just don’t feel like getting to the gym that day.

As you start with new fitness goals, pick up old ones, or continue on track, I wish all A Sizable Apple readers success! Keep reading and I’ll keep doing my best to bring you the most helpful up to date fitness and health news, plus more tips and tricks as I learn them along the way.

As always, if you have questions, concerns, ideas, or things you would like to see, email me at asizableapple@gmail.com.