Monday, August 25, 2008

School blues

Today is my first day back to school. This means a few things- my bank account is dry thanks for over priced books, my workout time undergoes a make over as I figure out a way to get my run in that doesn't require skipping on shut eye and perhaps the most important- pizza and snacking season has arrived.

After hours of boring lectures, coming home to cook isn't always front and center in my mind (usually plopping on the couch in front of VH1 is). Also, my sneaky rewarding system begins. If I can answer yes to any of the following questions- did I ace that test, did I survive a difficult day, did I make it through another week of my least favorite class- I'll pick up a candy bar on campus before the bus ride home. The system does has several flaws that allow me an occasional KitKat for no good reason.

Not everyone may be gearing up with new notebooks and freshly sharpened pencils, but my question is the same- what's your go to meal when you're not even up for boiling water? How about food rewards? Leslie talked about food mood savers today, but what about when you feel you've accomplished something for the day, does that deem a Starbucks run on the ride home?