Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Music To Your Health

An interesting article on one of my favorite blogs talked about the benefits of music on health. Surrounding yourself with music you find relaxing (no matter the type) has been "scientifically proven" to decrease pain and cause relaxation.

Although I've yet to see any evidence of those facts, the article does site that music has been known to relieve pain and calm fears after surgery and during cancer treatments. Personally, when I'm stressed out, I find that throwing on a good calm play list on my Ipod, my spirits are lifted and my head clears.

While a relaxed state of mind is sure to ease your spirits and relieve minor aches and pains- I'm not sure that I buy into the direct connection between music and feeling up lifted.

When do you feel your best? What music or any form of relaxation do you use?