Monday, June 16, 2008

Gas saving, body scuplting

Ugh, working out.

Sometimes I’m totally on top of it- every day, an hour at the gym, and without it I feel miserable. Other times, I fall out of health orbit completely and miss day after day (after week? Yikes!)

Yes, it happens to all of us. Keeping going is tough, and finding that perfect motivation to get your butt in gear isn’t always simple.

My recent motivator- gas prices. I’m interning twice a week at a lovely location about 1/6 of a tank away round trip, and then ride my four wheels farther to my lovely summer job. You can bet that’s a non-paying internship (and last time I checked ASA wasn’t paying the gas bills!) What’s a broke college student to do?

Luckily, I’ve got a great trail system between my house and summer job. The more I see $40+ appear on the gas pumps, the more driven I am to ditch the four wheels for two and bike instead. The ride takes me about 30 more minutes than driving, and re-energizes me for the rest of my day.

I know not everyone is as lucky to have a riding connection, but think about the little ways you can cut back. Can you walk to the store to pick up a few mid-week essentials instead of drive? What about parking a few blocks away and riding or walking in from there?

Even the tiniest things will add up eventually. Comment with your best gas saving, fit inspiring ideas!